To Our Valued Patients:
As of Tuesday evening, March 17, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have recommended all routine eye care be deferred until further notice in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 throughout our community.
We will remain available to help you with emergency eye matters and for your immediate eyewear needs during this challenging time.
During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting urgent medical care.
• Routine Eye Exams: If you are scheduled for a routine eye examination appointment for the remainder of March and early April, we will reschedule your appointment. We currently have a waiting list for those of you whose appointments were canceled and for those of you who have contacted us for your appointments.
• I need to pick up my glasses/contacts I have already ordered. For your safety, we’re currently offering shipping to your home or work. However, we do have pick up through our office mail slot available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10am to 4pm.
• I need to replace my glasses. What do I do? As our office is not open to patients for us to measure or adjust, we can duplicate your previous glasses if your frame is still available or you may bring your own frame for us to put lenses in. We apologize for the inconvenience.
• I’m nearly out of contact lenses. What do I do? Please contact us at via text to 562 809-4041 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can place an order for your contact lenses and have them shipped to your house to hold you over until the CDC allows routine eye exam.
• I need a refill on the medication prescribed to me by the practice. What do I do Please contact us at via text or email us. We can transmit a refill for your prescription directly to your pharmacy so that you have the medication that you need.
• I have an issue. It cannot wait until you can see me in the office. What can I do? If you have an issue that cannot wait for an office visit, contact us at via text or email and we will schedule a FaceTime, Skype or Telephone appointment with one of our doctors using your insurance during the pandemic. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
• What about an eye emergency? What can I do? If you have an ocular emergency, please text us to initiate a consult with one of our doctors. In some cases, we will direct you to the nearest eye emergency facility.
Except for a few staff to accommodate and support your needs, we have asked our staff to stay home until further notice to protect them, our patients, our community, and our nation. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
Together we will weather this storm.
Thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation during this difficult time.
Please take care and stay healthy.
Esther Ahn, O.D.
Esther Ahn Optometry Team
VSP has options to keep you covered
Vision coverage for lower out-of-pocket costs
Enrollment is quick and easy
Need VSP coverage you can buy on your own? We’ve got individual plan options for you starting as low as $13 a month.
• Self-employed or part-time individuals
• Those changing jobs